DIY Warm and Tasty Chicken Mami
The monsoon rains have arrived, this is the best time for some hot steaming chicken soup. Chicken Mami is one of my favorite Filipino dish especially during cold and rainy seasons. This recipe is a simplified version so it was easy to make ( orig recipe panlasangpinoy.com).
***Disclaimer I’m not a good cook 🙂
- 2 pcs (1/4 kg) boneless chicken breasts
- (4 oz) egg noodles (cooked according to package instructions)
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion
- 1/4 cup toasted garlic
- 6 water and 2 piece Knorr chicken broth cube**
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 boiled chicken egg (soft-boiled)
- Carrots (cut into strips)
** or use actuall chicken broth 🙂
- Cook noodles, just follow the instruction on the package, make sure its al dente and not overcooked.
- Pour-in water in a deep cooking pot, and bring it to a boil. Add chicken breasts, onion powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Simmer for 30-40 min. Check if you need to add water.
- After cooking, separate the chicken breast and cut it into thin pieces.
- Presentation time: Inspired by how ramen are served. On a bowl place noodle, chopped cabbage, carrots, soft-boiled eggs, chicken breast then pour-in the hot broth. Add the spring onions and toasted garlic on top.
Yields 3-4 bowls, squeeze some clamansilemons and enjoy your very own chicken mami. Anything to add to recipe? Don’t hesitate to comment below: